Monday, February 1, 2010

Why Super Hero?

I am so new to this but trying to figure the blog thing out on a day by day basis. I was inspired to blog by so many of you who have shared your weightloss journeys and have been the reason I have made it this far.

Now...why "Lap Band Super Hero" for a title? Well, my three year old came in the room today with his blanket wanting me to put it on like a cape. He said "Mommy, I want to be a super hero." Well, me too. I want to be a lap band success story like many of you! I don't want anything to be able to stand in my way. I want to be an inspiration to others like so many lapbanders have been to me. I want to be be fit and never let the weight (my nemesis) ever win...again.

So, I am just in the beginning stages of my journey. I have had the surgeon consult, the psychologist appt, and will be having a sleep study done on Feb. 11th. The other tests, upper GI, gallbladder ultrasound, bloodwork, etc. will be Feb. 12th. It is all happening so fast. I am totally scared about all of this but feel it is my only option at this point in my life. I have tried everything and finally have admitted to myself that I cannot do it alone. I need a tool to keep me in check for the rest of my life. I hope lapband is that tool for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianne!

    I am so glad that you have joined the rest of us out here in "Bloggyland"! Welcome!!!

    I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete